We see Riya, a beautiful young girl in her early twenties, sitting on the beach, lost in deep thought.


RIYA (V.O)

It's been my desire for as long as I can remember. I've always wanted to shave my head super smooth and shiny.


We see flashes of Riya looking at herself in the mirror, imagining herself with a bald head.


RIYA (V.O)

But I was always afraid of what people would think. I was afraid of being judged and ostracized.


Suddenly, a gust of wind blows Riya's hair, bringing her back to the present. She looks around and sees a group of young boys playing nearby.


BOY 1

Hey, look at that girl. She's so hot.


BOY 2

Yeah, but she would look even hotter with a shaved head.


The boys laugh and continue playing. Riya feels a sudden rush of courage.


RIYA

(to herself)

What am I waiting for? It's my life, my body, my choice.


Riya gets up and walks towards the nearest hair salon.


INT. HAIR SALON - DAY


Riya walks in and approaches the receptionist.


RIYA

I want to shave my head super smooth and shiny.


RECEPTIONIST

Are you sure about that? It's a big decision.


RIYA

(smiling)

I've never been more sure of anything in my life.


The receptionist nods and leads Riya to a seat.


INT. BARBER'S CHAIR - DAY


Riya sits down in the barber's chair as the barber prepares his tools.


BARBER

So, what brings you here today?


RIYA

I want to shave my head super smooth and shiny.


BARBER

(smiling)

You're one brave girl. Are you ready?


RIYA

(nodding)

I was born ready.


The barber begins to shave Riya's head, as the sound of the clippers fills the salon.


INT. SALON - LATER


Riya looks at herself in the mirror, as tears roll down her cheeks. She looks beautiful with her smooth and shiny bald head.


RIYA

(smiling)

I feel free. I feel alive. This is the best decision I've ever made.


As Riya steps out of the salon, she sees the group of boys from the beach staring at her in awe.


BOY 1

(whispering)

She's so cool.


BOY 2

(whispering)

I wish I had the courage to do that.


Riya smiles and walks away, feeling proud of herself for following her heart.


FADE OUT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janhavi's headshave in temple - A marriage ritual

School headshave story